At Gratisli (“we” “us”) your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled carefully and securely in accordance with the US Privacy Principles(USPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) .
- what kind of personal information we may gather about you;
- how we may use that information and the choices you have regarding our use of such information;
- whether we disclose your personal information to anyone;
- how you may inquire, access and/or seek correction of your personal information and our access and correction handling procedure; and
- how you may alert us about an alleged breach of the USPPs and our complaint handling procedure.
Collection of information
The types of information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the service that we are providing to you.
Personal information The type of personal information collected will be directly related to the specified purpose it has been collected for. How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in us being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service. We will make you aware of the purpose for which we collect the personal information and, where possible, the consequences of not providing it at the time of collection.
- If you request products or services from us, we may collect information such as your name and contact details (ie billing and/or postal address, phone number(s) or email address), and/or credit card details.
- If you sign up to use a particular service such as our newsletter(s) and e-newslettters, mail outs (about product updates and developments, special events or promotions), loyalty or rewards program(s) or enter into a competition operated by us, we may collect information such as your date of birth and your interests and any other information required to provide that service to you (in addition to your name and contact details).
- If you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time on our website, personal information relating to your survey responses.
- If you make an inquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect your name and contact details.
- If you are applying for employment with us, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including:
- your name and contact details (ie residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address)
- any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume).
You acknowledge that the personal information we collect from you is your own information or information which you have been authorized to provide us.
We do not generally collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, we may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
Where unsolicited information is received by us (such as through our Facebook page) we will determine, within a reasonable period of time, whether or not we would be permitted to collect the information under the APPs. If it would not be permitted for us to collect the information, we will destroy the information or ensure it is de-identified as soon as practicable. Otherwise, we may retain the information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
We may also collect information about visitors to our website(s). For example, we may collect:
- statistical information about the number of visitors to the websites and the date, time and duration of visits;
- the name of the domain/URL from which you access our websites;
- the internet protocol address.
However, we do not collect information about the identity of the visitors unless they voluntarily provide that information.
Method of collection
Personal information will only be collected through lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
We collect your personal information when you deal with us directly, including via our website(s) or our Facebook page, via forms or correspondence (ie by mail or email), over the phone or in person.
We may also collect personal information through our related bodies corporate and our third party service providers (such as data relating to survey responses) so that we may provide a better or more relevant product to you.
Use of information
Use of personal information
We will use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. We will not use it for any other purpose without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
Generally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing the products and/or services you have requested from us including for example:
- to process sales transactions (whether in store or online);
- to deliver the products or services to you;<.li>
- to register you for a service requested by you, such as our newsletter(s) and e-newslettters, mail outs, rewards program(s) or competitions and administering such services;
- to manage warranty claims;
- to process refunds; and
- to respond to any inquiries, feedback or complaints made by you; and
- direct marketing of products and services which we believe may interest you, including product updates and developments, special events or promotions;
- assisting us to improve our products and services and making them more relevant to you;
- assisting us to improve our website(s) or Facebook page;.
- processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions;
- otherwise managing our internal business operations and processes.
We will only use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing activities where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where we have collected the information directly from you and you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose. We may also share your personal information with our related entities, so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services.
We will provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving marketing materials at the time of collection and/or at any time afterwards by either unsubscribing from the email service or contacting our Privacy Officer via the contact details provided below.
Use of anonymous information
We gather anonymous information to:
- monitor the use of our website(s);
- help us make improvements to the website(s); and
- offer relevant information and services to as many users as possible.
There will be occasions where it will be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- contractors and third party service providers on a confidential basis that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of our products or services. This includes organisations such as marketing agencies, data processing companies, printing and mailing houses, delivery companies, data storage companies (which may use cloud computing storage systems which have the potential to make your personal information accessible by overseas entities) or finance agencies or debt collection agencies;
- other members of our corporate group for marketing purposes (subject to obtaining your prior consent);
- government authorities or other third parties as required by law; or
- any other purpose that you have consented to.